Country Music Hall of Famer and Statler Brothers member, Jimmy Fortune, continues his successful career as a solo artist with the release of his latest project, Hits & Hymns, available for purchase now in Cracker Barrel Old Country Store locations as well as music retailers nationwide. Hits & Hymns is also available online at iTunes, Amazon.
The star-studded project, released via Gaither Music Group, features collaborations with Vince Gill, The Oak Ridge Boys, Dailey & Vincent, Ricky Skaggs and more.
“Teaming up with Bill Gaither has been one of the best moves that I’ve made since beginning my solo career,” said a humble Jimmy Fortune. He adds, “Ben Isaacs did a wonderful job producing this. I hope everyone has a chance to check this out, and it will inspire people the way that it has inspired me.”
Since his start with the iconic Statler Brothers more than 33 years ago, Fortune has transitioned from group member to a successful solo artist. Fortune, who is a member of both the Country Music Hall of Fame and Gospel Music Hall of Fame, looks to build on this momentum with the release of his brand new album Hits & Hymns.
The highly anticipated album is accompanied by a Bill Gaither-hosted TV special and is currently airing on various television networks and channels throughout November.
Included in the Jimmy Fortune special are performances off of the new album, including the #1 Billboard self-penned tracks “Elizabeth” and “Too Much on My Heart,” as well as some of Fortune’s favorite gospel songs like “Amazing Grace,” “How Great Thou Art,” with special vocal appearances by Dailey & Vincent and Bill Gaither on select songs.
Fans looking to make this special a part of their DVD collection can purchase it at ChristianBook.com, SpringSide.com and FamilyChristian.com, or pick up the CD + DVD combo at JimmyFortune.com.
Fortune will give a career-spanning, in-depth interview Monday, October 26, on a special edition of Heartland TV’s Reflections. The show, hosted by Keith Bilbrey, takes viewers inside the life and career of some of country music’s most influential artists of all time. Fortune sits down with the Tennessee Radio Hall of Fame DJ for a discussion about his career with the Statler Brothers, life struggles and triumphs, along with what lies ahead for the chart-topping singer/songwriter.
In addition to Reflections airing on Heartland TV, the show will air on Blue Highways TV, The Family Channel, Angel Two (DISH TV) and AMG-TV (check local listings).
Fortune is also featured in the latest issue of Homecoming Magazine and an upcoming November issue of NASH Country Weekly.
And if that’s not enough Jimmy Fortune for you, there are features on Billboard.com, and in upcoming issues of Country Music People, the Country Standard Time and many more.
Hits & Hymns Track Listing:
1. Elizabeth (with Ben Isaacs & Sonya Isaacs)
2. Life’s Railway To Heaven (with The Oak Ridge Boys)
3. Danny Boy (with Ben Isaacs, Gene McDonald, Reggie Smith)
4. More Than A Name On A Wall Becky Isaacs, Sonya Isaacs, Ben Isaacs)
5. Far Side Banks Of Jordan (with Ben Isaacs & Charlotte Ritchie)
6. Precious Memories (with Ben Isaacs & Charlotte Ritchie)
7. Just A Closer Walk With Thee (with The Gaither Vocal Band)
8. Rock Of Ages (with Mike Rogers & Sydni Perry)
9. I Believe (with The Whites)
10. How Great Thou Art (with Mike Rogers & Sydni Perry)
11. In The Sweet By and By (with Dailey & Vincent)
12. Too Much On My Heart (with Ricky Skaggs & Sharon White Skaggs)
13. Amazing Grace (with Vince Gill & Sonya Isaacs)
14. If I Was God (with Mike Rogers & Sydni Perry)
15. Victory In Jesus (with Ben Isaacs, Gene McDonald, Reggie Smith)
Jimmy Fortune on Tour:
Oct 30-31 – Pigeon Forge, TN – Dollywood
Nov 12 – The Woodlands, TX – Dosey Doe
Nov 14 – New Boston, TX – Music Country USA
Nov 16-17 – Branson, MO – The Starlite Theatre
Nov 21 – Shenandoah Caverns, VA – Shenandoah Jamoboree
Nov 28 – Myrtle Beach, SC – South Carolina State Bluegrass Festival
Dec 11 – Amherst, VA – Clifford Baptist Church
Dec 14 – Weyers Cave, VA – Weyers Cave Community Center